Monday, August 16, 2010

MultiStage System Results - Part Four



















This next look at the MultiStage System is to get a feel for the equity curve over a longer time frame. Specifically, I've broken down the returns into a quarterly view, which I think is quite useful.

As discussed in my last post, don't get too hung up on the numbers. Yes - they are good, but they probably won't happen quite like this. Most useful to me is the color. Notice that in 11+ years there has never been a losing quarter. If I suddenly have a losing quarter you better believe I am going to be looking VERY closely at the system and implementation.

The second thing I look at is the trend. Are the numbers consistent, or are they suddenly trending smaller or larger? If I was looking at this toward the end of 2005 I might raise an eyebrow and be cautious for a while. But you can see that after that year - and particularly around mid-2007 - mean reversion systems started working well again. Apparently they just needed a little break.

In the next post I will look at another view of the results, analyzing drawdowns.

Good Trading...

No comments:

Post a Comment